Recommended (optional) payment on Fluid going up and up

Options
Hi
I have a fluid cc that I pay the contractual amount every month. But they keep adding this optional amount often double the contractual causing me hardship.
Can't I just add a lower optional amount? I feel pushed every month to pay this vastly extra amount.
Anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    If you are in hardship you need to tell them. If you are paying just the minimum and have been for a while then they are required by the regulator to try and get you to pay more to clear the debt
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I would say that the "Optional Amount" they are suggesting is just that so as to stop issue with persistent debt. 

Life in the slow lane
  • Fighter1986
    Fighter1986 Posts: 834 Forumite
    Options
    If you've spent so much on the card that you can't even afford to pay double the minimum due I'd suggest you've caused yourself financial hardship.

If you are up against it it might be worth discussing with the card provider freezing interest for a while to allow you to make better headway against the balance.

This might have a deleterious effect on your credit rating but will help get your balance down more quickly. 
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,706 Forumite
    Options
    Sadly OP Last Active
    22 April at 4:49PM

So 5 mins after making post 🤦‍♀️
    Life in the slow lane
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing