Homeprotect Insurance

I was trying to contact Homeprotect in order to decline their kind offer to automatically renew my home insurance when I noticed an old post on your site about other customers experience of dramatic price increases year on year.

I realise that insurance companies tend to use automatic renewal of policies to their advantage and have taken to changing my provider regularly. In fact the reason I insured with Homeprotect last year was because they gave me an excellent quote.

My quote last year was £392 and I was fairly sure that this would increase but I was not prepared for the new quote of £1884! 
I have had some substantial increases quoted over the years from other companies but this was on a different scale.

I had to phone the company in order to cancel the automatic renewal and was dealt with very quickly and efficiently. I had not mentioned the actual figures to the person I spoke to and when they saw the old and new amounts they choked off their attempts to tempt me back.

I was not offered any explanation for the increase during the phone call and a subsequent email merely confirms the cancellation of the renewal and thanks me for my custom. 

Comments

• IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,149
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Time to put your numbers through a price comparison site.  I have yet to pay over £150 for home insurance. and that gives me more than enough building and contents cover.
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • Once I stopped hooting at the Homeprotect quote I went back to a price comparison site and accepted a quote that is about £50 more than I paid last year.
    Given the area I live in and the insurance history of my property I am pretty happy with that. I am fairly sure that I will be looking around for a new company next year - maybe not!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback