It's April..ESA & PIP rates have NOT increased (on bank statement)..Shouldn't they have gone up??

Karen_taris
Karen_taris Posts: 162 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 19 April 2022 at 4:58AM in Disability money matters
As April 2022 was the month for Welfare benefits to increase (by 3.1% was it?)

Last payment of PIP was on 11 April 2022, and that has not increased, (is the same as previous months)

Last Payment of ESA was days ago, (mid April) and again that has also not increased, (is the same as previous months)

Shouldn't these have increased ?

Have anyone had the same issue?

When are they expected to increase,  by the 3.1%, so they show a higher amount on the bank statements?

so the ESA payment was  few days ago (mid April), and that has Not increased (the bank statement amount is the same as previous months)

so does that mean our ESA has not been increased, when the rates should have been increased ??

What could the explanation be, to the rates not increasing ?

Did the 11th April 2022 PIP not increase, as it was bang on the 11th April,  and should increase on 11th May ?

Comments

• Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    It is the next payment after the increase date that you will notice the raise in payment usually (depends how often you have selected to receive though as when I applied there were options for weekly, fortnightly or every 4 weeks). In the past I've had payments that mean some on old and new making one payment between the old and new a mix of both; meaning I got a higher amount than the old but not yet the new actual amount if you see what I mean. 
    Basically as the payments are in arrears the increase will be noticed in payments after the arrears time has lapsed.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • Keruge
    Keruge Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    My brother asked me this a few weeks ago and I suggested he check his online banking, last year he was not paid until last week of the month.

So I think it is paid in arrears by how many weeks is anyone's guess.

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,934 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Keruge said:
    My brother asked me this a few weeks ago and I suggested he check his online banking, last year he was not paid until last week of the month.

So I think it is paid in arrears by how many weeks is anyone's guess.

ESA is a weekly benefit paid fortnightly in arrears. PIP is paid 4 weekly in arrears.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback