Options
2»

Comments

• Former_MSE_James_F
    Former_MSE_James_F Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 29 April 2022 at 9:26AM
    Options
    Sainsbury's has admitted it sent misleading information to many of its Nectar card users that wrongly promised it would double the amount of reward points people had accumulated if they cashed them in for vouchers.   

Read the full story here:
    'Nectar shoppers disappointed after Sainsbury's sends misleading info about its 'Big Points Swap' scheme - here's what's happened'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
  • pennyforthem
    Options
    I was emailed 50%. They have emailed me again apologizing apparently some people were sent that offer and not given it my amount will change back to 50% on Tuesday apparently which is very nice of them! I am not a technical person so to go round joining accounts, downloading/uploading? apps and things really is not what I do, it just does my head in!
    And anyone whos reading this I realized Ebay must be over 10 years ago my email address has changed which is probably why the problems and you never know the points system might have ironed out whatever the problems were.
    Currys on the other hand I am not understanding an item was in stock for pick up from the local store and home delivery directly at their website and yet going through Nectar it was only available to pick up from the city? Do not ask me to work that one out!

• skintandsad
    skintandsad Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had the invite, applied for £30 voucher… they’ve taken 6000 points!  So absolutely no “offer” just a scam to get me to spend my points!
    Contacted Nectar online help who told me they were having problems with system, they had no info and to try again sometime!  Nice
    I'm a nutter :j
  • MSE_Laura_F
    MSE_Laura_F Posts: 1,572 MSE Staff
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I've merged these two similar threads together. Thanks,

MSE Laura F
  • lucky77
    lucky77 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Had the invite, applied for £30 voucher… they’ve taken 6000 points!  So absolutely no “offer” just a scam to get me to spend my points!
    Contacted Nectar online help who told me they were having problems with system, they had no info and to try again sometime!  Nice
    Same thing happened to me. However having contacted the online support on the app I have been assured that 2000 points have been refunded already. The refund doesn’t show on the app but my points total does tally with the information given. 
  • Maggie603
    Options
    I also fell for the promise of double points.  I chose to swap 8000 points for 16000 but didn’t read the information properly and missed the bit where it said they had to be spent by 5th May.  As I am currently away on holiday, it would be impossible for me to use the voucher.  I contacted Nectar, explaining my problem, but they refused to help, saying I should have read the t’s and c’s.  Fair enough, but also, although the app says I’ve swapped 16000 points and shows this as a minus, there is no voucher!  I contacted Sainsbury’s who said it’s a nectar issue and they kindly contacted nectar again on my behalf, but they refused to budge.  Notwithstanding my error, I have STILL not received a voucher!  Nectar told Sainsbury’s to advise me the voucher would be emailed to me, which is nonsense.  So I’m in a position where I have lost £40 worth of points accumulated over many years , no one can help me and feel that I have been scammed.  I can’t believe they can get away with this and am so angry I feel Sainsbury’s will now lose my custom.  Has anyone any idea how I can get either a voucher or my points reversed?  Incidentally, Nectar told me they ‘can’t’ reverse points but looking at other posts on this site, it seems that decision is selective! 
  • Oasis1
    Oasis1 Posts: 717 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Maggie603 said:
     I can’t believe they can get away with this and am so angry I feel Sainsbury’s will now lose my custom.  Has anyone any idea how I can get either a voucher or my points reversed?  Incidentally, Nectar told me they ‘can’t’ reverse points but looking at other posts on this site, it seems that decision is selective! 

I spoke to them three times via the Nectar app chat - eventually had the missing points re-added (but it doesn't appear in the breakdown).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback