Sainsbury's Big Points Swap

Options
Oasis1
Oasis1 Posts: 712 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 29 April 2022 at 9:24AM in Supermarket coupons
Just been alerted to this via my Nectar app. Allows you to exchange your points for vouchers valued at 50% more than normal. Aka exchange 4000 points (normally worth £20) for £30 voucher. Vouchers expire 4 May when the promotion ends. Details covered here: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sainsburys-nectar-points-swap-bonus-offer-3920636

Obviously this 50% less generous than the usual double up points promotion. I'm wondering whether to save my points in hope they still do one (but seems unlikely!)

T&Cs here (though think you may have to login to nectar & be an eligible account to view): https://www.nectar.com/bps/termsandconditions

Comments

• JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Looks like it's 'by invitation only'......
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £131 of £366
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    JGB1955 said:
    Looks like it's 'by invitation only'......

yes, it is for 'selected accounts' only. If you are one of those accounts you will have received an email or are able to see the offer in your app.
  • Rebbie
    Rebbie Posts: 533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It depends on your account. I've been offered a £40 voucher for 4000 points (and other double up options). I haven't shopped in Sainsbury's for ages, though, so it's obviously intended as an incentive to get me back, as most of my points have been accrued from getting fuel.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr Seuss
  • RL11
    RL11 Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I exchanged 4000 points for a £30 voucher but 6000 points have been taken from my account  :(
  • Oasis1
    Oasis1 Posts: 712 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rebbie said:
    It depends on your account. I've been offered a £40 voucher for 4000 points (and other double up options). I haven't shopped in Sainsbury's for ages, though, so it's obviously intended as an incentive to get me back, as most of my points have been accrued from getting fuel.

RL11 said:
    I exchanged 4000 points for a £30 voucher but 6000 points have been taken from my account  :(

Geesh I think I'll leave my points as they are then! Thanks for sharing.
  • whyberdk
    Options
    I exchanged 6000 points for a £45 voucher... but it showed 9000 points had been taken....

I followed this up with Sainsburys on an instant chat with them... it's a known error - they can see an extra transaction adding 3000 points to my account.... it comes up on their screen like "Sainsbury's 19/4/2022 17:38 3,000 Sponsor Bonus 0.00 19/04/2022 17:38 Double up Dummy code"...

I actually converted the points today (20th April)... so in theory in another day this transaction should also show, straightening out the nectar account. (and if it doesn't I'll get back onto Sainsburys)
  • Geoff_W
    Geoff_W Posts: 232 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I was offered a £15 voucher for 2,000 points and a £30 voucher for 4,000 points. I currently have only 4,400 points anyway.
  • pennyforthem
    pennyforthem Posts: 230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 29 April 2022 at 9:24AM
    Options
    So I had an email a few days ago saying if I put the nectar app on my phone I could double up to £50 worth of points value to Sainsbury's vouchers that had to be used before the 4th May.
    I put the app on my phone, linked accounts and it was now offering far less than I was told thinking I had made a mistake I had £52.?? and swopped £35 to make £45 in vouchers then checked my email I was correct all the examples were double the amount!
    It has taken me years to collect these points saving them for something worthwhile the last time I spent any was 2 or 3 years ago on socks for my Mum and I was trying to change/spend the full £100 so I could donate it to  Médecins Sans Frontières for Ukraine so it's not like I have been going to all this effort out of greed and trust me trying to get accounts to work/connected has been a whole lot of effort and I haven't even mentioned Ebays big spends always not getting paid. And after speaking to them I got told points would be added back to my account? Don't know when don't know how many and it does not resolve the problem at all!

Is this how nectar is with everyone? Because as I said I usually just collect and don't spend now I've got offers that are not being fulfilled, points going missing and they are clearly not going to fulfill the offer and that's on top of the headache of sorting out the accounts! I spent all my Tesco vouchers that were going to go out of date this year at once and they gave me a discount on all my items (it was a home shop) I feel like I am better off spending the voucher I am lumped with, closing all the linked accounts, deleting the app and letting my Mum spend whatever is on the card when she goes in there! Never known a loyalty card to be so much hard work! It's me, isn't it? It's ok you can say I freely admit I am a technology idiot!

• numbercruncher
    Options
    This offer isn’t showing in my Nectar app. Is it not available to all? 
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thread on this here Sainsbury's Big Points Swap — MoneySavingExpert Forum

It was account dependant as to whether you were offered 50% extra when cashing in points (so 500 points becomes £3.75 instead of £2.50) or whether you get double (500 points is £5).
    But on that other thread several people report being emailed the offer and not getting the bonus at all.

What have Nectar said when you contacted them?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback