🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Ticket refund rejected as event moved a few times then company liquidated - past timescale

Options
I bought some tickets back in 2020, the event was cancelled as was all others, it was re-scheduled for 2021 then moved a couple of times. I then received an email saying the company was being liquidated and to claim back from my credit card. This was for a total of £220 so not a small sum of money. 
I contacted my credit card company who after sending proof the company have emailed to say claim back from my credit card company, have stated by letter that there is a timeframe of 540 days from the original date of transaction, therefore no refund will be given.

Is there any other options for me on this? They only contacted me about the company being liquidated a month or so ago and acted quickly to contact my credit card company, just frustrated that it's a blank no and no other advice on there.

Comments

• penners324
    penners324 Posts: 2,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Section 75 request needs to be made 
  • Daisyduke71
    Options
    I wasnt sure if that had a timescale as well, Ill check that out, thank you!!!
  • Daisyduke71
    Options
    looks like its 120 days from when first issue noticed so fingers crossed I might be in luck!!!
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 14 April 2022 at 6:41PM
    Options
    looks like its 120 days from when first issue noticed so fingers crossed I might be in luck!!!
    A chargeback is 120 days from the date of the event (if future dated) upto a maximum of 540 days from the date of the original debit. So even though you may be within the 120 days of the event. You are well out of the 540 days. These are Visa/Mastercard timescales. So nothing you can do on this.

So you only hope is S75 which you are well in time for.
    But it is based on ticket price in your case. So if the face value of the ticket is under £100 then there is no S75 cover.
    Life in the slow lane
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport