Amazon Prime - Warehouse discounts - Vent moving towards praise

cymruchris
cymruchris Posts: 4,882
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
Forumite
edited 15 April 2022 at 12:04AM in Praise, vent & warnings
To give Amazon credit - over the last couple of years they've performed pretty well for everything I've ordered and needed with minimal slip-ups.

That was until the last two weeks where they had a promo on their warehouse stock (as mentioned on MSE) with 20 percent off a number of lines. 

Over the space of a few days I ordered multiple items (of which one was for me - and the rest being utilised to help set up a foodbank in my local area where cost is a primary focus). The deals were good - and I have no complaints on the prices paid - if of course I'd received any of the goods.

One item that retails at just over £850 was available for £700 - advertised as 'next business day delivery' supplied by Amazon Warehouse. 

Ordered 31st March - which then became 'We will advise you of a dispatch date' - which then became 'April 9th' - which then became 'April 14th' (today) - but still hasn't been dispatched.

Then I had 8 separate orders over the space of a few days - and they've lost the lot! (Edit - all were marked as dispatched and on the way)

2 items were ordered on the 3rd April - again dispatched by Amazon Warehouse - then became 'April 11th delivery' - on April 11th they were delayed - and the tracking system said 'sorry they're late - they should be with you on the 12th or 13th' - and haven't turned up.

2 items were ordered on the 8th April - again dispatched by Amazon Warehouse - again 'April 11th Delivery' - Delayed - Tracking said maybe the 12th or 13th - again haven't turned up.

Remaining 4 items ordered on the 9th of April - Amazon Warehouse - April 11th Delivery - Delayed - Again not turned up.

It helpfully says I can now claim a refund - but I won't be able to get the same products at the same price again. The Prime service really isn't what it used to be - (it faired much better through the height of the pandemic - but in recent times has been very much more unreliable).

Not a lot I can do about it I know - other than vote with my feet - but that won't really make a dent in Amazon's profits, and generally they've been good most of the time. I'm not going to stop using them - but it's frustrating when things go wrong that they are the cause - and the option to put it right by supplying equivalent goods at the same price would be nice - but it's just wishful thinking. 
An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!

Comments

• porkisnotmeat
    porkisnotmeat Posts: 72
    Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 14 April 2022 at 10:38PM
    Amazon have had a fairly longstanding policy of whatever the delivery timescale is stated as is always "following despatch."

Agree with it or not (personally I don't) this is not a particularly new issue, people were complaining about Prime not being next day in some cases years ago.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 14 April 2022 at 11:25PM
    Amazon are only retailers. They don't manufacture. If the stock sells out due to high demand and further deliveries don't arrive as planned. Then Amazon cannot sell what they haven't got..............
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 4,882
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Amazon are only retailers. They don't manufacture. If the stock sells out due to high demand and further deliveries don't arrive as planned. Then Amazon cannot sell what they haven't got..............
    They dispatched the products in 8 different orders over 3 days - and lost all of them in transit. They also have available stock in the warehouse today, albeit now at a higher price. My frustration lies in the fact they lost them - and for me to put myself back in the same position would cost me £75 more. However the vent will as of this evening has become a praise, after spending some time on the telephone, and them agreeing how daft it was that they managed to lose 8 different parcels for one customer, they have agreed to credit me with £75 on receipt of the newly re-ordered identical products that are now at higher prices. They have also assured me that the one expensive item that's been delayed twice will turn up - so I'll wait and see on that one, but a positive step in the right direction.

Looking back, I didn't make it as clear as I could in the original post that the items were marked as dispatched and out for delivery on their first allocated delivery day. (I said dispatched by - but that could be construed as supplied by)
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback