Mortgage dispute

Hi

I initially had an interest only mortgage in 2008 from A&L. In 2011 when the term finished I called them in 25 January 2011 and arranged repayment which was agreed on the phone and a letter was sent out to me with the new monthly repayment figure. I have since lost the letter and had rented out the house with their permission.. I never got the docs to sign altho I don’t recall the letter stating documents were to be sent under separate cover for signature. Having contacted them now they have found the agreement and state no letter is on their system. I know the letter exists as I had it. I have told them to search the paper file if the system doesn’t show it. I told them it’s convenient they can’t find that letter as my recollection is it made no ref to any docs being signed. I chased them for the mortgage so obviously I would want to bring the mortgage down. 
They are investigating again altho I imagine they will reply the same. Has this happened to anyone else and is there a solution for me that would help? I’m still paying interest only and have 11years left on the term … but could’ve been repaying since January 2011. 

Comments

• pmartin86
    pmartin86 Posts: 756 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If you agreed (and have been paying) a revised figure then sure you're effectively in the same place you would have been anyway? If you're payments didn't change....what have you been doing for the last 11 years?
  • This board is about floods and storms, you may get more help on the mortgages board
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 12 August 2022 at 1:47PM
    Is this the same situation you posted about in April ? 

Yes it is, why has the thread been resurrected ?

@rkm75 is this now resolved ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure