We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Temporary car insurance for visiting NZ relative

My daughter is visiting UK for 2 months shortly and I wanted her to be able to drive my car whilst here. She has a full NZ licence. My existing provider however won’t add her as a named driver and I can’t find a temporary insurer to help as she is not EU or UK based. The only alternative seems to be car hire, which may be prohibitively expensive. I am open to ideas…thanks for any help or insight you can provide 


Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards