Camping Gas Woes

Hello there,
I recently bought a camper van - I am planning UK road trips before I hit Europe!

There is a 2 ring gas burner and sink combo unit but it came without a gas bottle for the stove. I now understand why...... I have tried to get a 6kg bottle and regulator but apparently there are none in the UK!

Does anyone know of any alternatives that I have please?

I have bought a single hob with an aerosol type gas cannister to use for my day trips but think I need something more substantial longer term.

Apologies if I sound a bit naïve but I don't want to make a stupid mistake and get the wrong thing.

Thank you in anticipation!!  

Comments

• marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    There has been a shortage of LPG.

https://www.flogas.co.uk/ currently show 6kg propane bottles in stock.
  • If you are driving in France be sure to get a Crit'air sticker for your windscreen. Cost to you from the genuine French website about £5 including postage. This shows what level of co2 per km your vehicle emits, without it there is a hefty fine to pay. When I travelled around Europe I had a British 7kg bottle of Butane with a 21mm regulator that at some point later on went wrong. I could not find a suitable replacement as the European specs are different. You may be better off to obtain a common regulator and gas bottle abroad and use something  different for the UK just while you're here.
  • Given the current shortage of gas it might be worth thinking sideways at this, my local Homebase seems to have patio gas and regulators for use on heaters and barbecues that might be suitable.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback