We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

British Gas Homecare, the good and the bad.

Options
I never expected to have anything positive to say about BG Homecare given the way they have messed people about over the past few years, but I have.  My original appointment for boiler service in March was cancelled by them and rescheduled for 6th April.  Early afternoon on 5th April I received a call from BG which I immediately assumed was to cancel the appointment for the next day.  The very nice lady actually informed me that the engineer was in the area and could actually to the service that afternoon if convenient, thus saving me having to twiddle my thumbs all day.  He arrived about 30 minutes later - result.  Being told by the engineer that the boiler was in great condition and would be fine for a few more years was even better news.
Fast forward to 12th April and another call from BG.  The woman on the other end says the BG Engineer report states that the boiler is over 10 years old and should be replaced.  She very kindly offers to quote for replacement.  I asked her how that can possibly be on the report when less than a week earlier the engineer had said the opposite to me.  She quickly back pedalled, saying this was just a courtesy call as older boilers can be less efficient than new ones.  She continued to push to send me a quote which I declined, not very politely.

Comments

• Brywalker
    Brywalker Posts: 319 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So in fact she didn't just back pedal, she had blatantly lied.  It leaves a bad taste doesn't it?!
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    edited 13 April 2022 at 12:34PM
    Options
    Brywalker said:
    So in fact she didn't just back pedal, she had blatantly lied.  It leaves a bad taste doesn't it?!

I was feeling kind when I posted. :D

The previous day I had missed a call where a voice mail was left.  It was along the lines of "This is BG sales, we have no agents currently available to take the call, we will call again"  This was a call FROM BG, who wouldn't have spoken to me if I had picked up the phone.  Crazy.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback