🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

SSE account now moved to OVO

Options
But on March 8th I was around £500 in credit, by the 14th I was with OVO and had no credit. What has SSE done with the money? I can't contact them, OVO don't know anything about the credit even though they own SSE.

Comments

• Mstty
    Mstty Posts: 4,209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Why can't you contact SSE?

If you had an online account is your last bill there to download?
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,129 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Take daily readings of electric and gas and include the SC when working out the usage, If you have a smart meter that gives thousandths of a unit for gas include them in the figures as each 0.088 of a kWh will be 1 kWh of gas, approx..
    Someone please tell me what money is
  • Olinda99
    Olinda99 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    you can still log onto your old SSE account - at the top there is an option to view and download your SSE bills.

Send a copy to hello@ovoenergy.com and ask about the missing credit

There should be a figure on your OVO account opening balance that will be what SSE have passed actoss as a closing balance

also, wait until your first OVO bill in a month it will all be on there.
  • Purpleya
    Options
    Did you get back the missing SSE credit? I have same issue. Statements disappeared and SSE final reading was estimated even though I have a meter. OVO are saying I used an unusually high amount of gas/elec just before the switch over. Not happy 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure