Different Names on passport & covid passport

Options
Hi, I am flying to Italy on 3 June 2022, my passport is in my married name but both my vaccinations are in my maiden name as I haven't changed names with doctors. Is this going to be a problem? 
Thank you
Kerry

Comments

• NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    Best contact the airline soonest and get their answer.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    many people have reported being able to update their vaccination record to their current name. Probably easiest to discuss with GP practice.
  • 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,859 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    many have changed their names with their GP, which then updates it in the Covid app.
  • borderline
    borderline Posts: 347 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I was worried about this too. For peace of mind I changed my name at my GP .. my case was that I have two surnames on my passport and with my GP one. I took my passport to reception , they did it straight away and It updated within an hour 
  • lis80
    lis80 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Hi, I've just come across this and I fly next week. GP refused to change my naame even though the government guidance advises you to go to your GP and do so. Travel agents were not much use and suggested I contact Ryanair via Facebook and see what they say. The reply on Facebook chat from Ryanair is to take a copy of my marriage certificate with me and it should be fine. I'd much rather the GP change my name but they won't! Hopefully I don't have any issues next week.
  • lis80
    lis80 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    I was worried about this too. For peace of mind I changed my name at my GP .. my case was that I have two surnames on my passport and with my GP one. I took my passport to reception , they did it straight away and It updated within an hour 
    Can I ask, did they change your name without issue? Mine were just very obstructive from the off.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback