sky glass

hi all first post so please be gentle ! i have had several mail shots about sky glass seems great BUT   you have to sign up for 48 months  intrest free but the tv you get only has a 2 year warrenty ????  id like but dont want to me stuck with a tv that possibly cant be repaired after 2 years  at a resonable price or not at all then left with another 2 year to pay off  any ideas guys and girls thanks in advance 

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You do not get the full Sky experience with Glass.

It is not a 48 month contract, its a 48 month repayment loan sort of thing.  The TV is 31 days notice.
  • HaroldWren5
    HaroldWren5 Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    hi all first post so please be gentle ! i have had several mail shots about sky glass seems great BUT   you have to sign up for 48 months  intrest free but the tv you get only has a 2 year warrenty ????  id like but dont want to me stuck with a tv that possibly cant be repaired after 2 years  at a resonable price or not at all then left with another 2 year to pay off  any ideas guys and girls thanks in advance 
    According to the website "ISP net" (can find on Google), they have a headline as of today saying "Sky UK to make TV Streaming via Boxes standalone". It mentions "later in the year", so not an exact date. But it sounds like you wouldn't necessarily have to have a Sky Glass TV, but could subscribe to their service with these new boxes which plug into your own TV. 

• BUFF
    BUFF Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    https://www.whathifi.com/news/sky-glass-without-the-tv-is-coming-soon

also, I am told that you can buy the Sky Glass TV outright rather than over 48 months.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    BUFF said:
    https://www.whathifi.com/news/sky-glass-without-the-tv-is-coming-soon

also, I am told that you can buy the Sky Glass TV outright rather than over 48 months.
    You can - but it's not a particularly good 4k set - was reviewed very unfavourably on AVForums recently for piccie quality and a lot of people are returning their sets in the returns window (31 days I believe?)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback