Hidenda

Options
Received a letter today to state hidenda want £300.00 as I signed a contract on 22/02/22, I have never signed a contract and I’ve never heard of the company before I’ve received the letter, so someone is forging signatures , the signature is definitely not mine or my Husbands, theirs no phone number to contact them. I’m not paying .

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,635 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
     I’ve never heard of the company before I’ve received the letter, so someone is forging signatures 
    Or signed up electronically via facebook adverts or similar.

the signature is definitely not mine or my Husbands, 
    Is it an electronic signature?  these never match the real one but are not meant to.  They are linked to the email address, IP address and require audited disclosure (proof copies were issued).

What was the service that they claim to be offering?

Usually, it is linked to real accounts that belong to you and if they have information on these, then it would throw doubts on your claim you didn't know about it.  If they have no details on real accounts then it makes their position weaker.

I’m not paying .
    Don't ignore it.  That can make things worse.   Make a formal complaint saying you never employed them and believe their contract to be a fake.    They are regulated by the FCA in activities that require regulation.  However, they are not regulated in all areas (hence asking what the service was for.)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • monty1966
    Options
    Did you ever hear back from them?
  • Gailk52
    Gailk52 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I sent a letter explaining my reasons as 20 years have been dealing with debt and no signature’s weren’t electronically and date of birth didn’t mach, I made aware fraudulent activity within the company and needs dealing with as innocent people being targeted, I have never heard back since.
  • Gailk52
    Gailk52 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry for late reply 
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,635 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 3 May at 8:33PM
    Options
    Gailk52 said:
    I sent a letter explaining my reasons as 20 years have been dealing with debt and no signature’s weren’t electronically and date of birth didn’t mach, I made aware fraudulent activity within the company and needs dealing with as innocent people being targeted, I have never heard back since.
    Keep your records for as long as possible.  These things have a habit of going quiet and then cropping up again years later.   However, I hope it stays quiet in your case.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback