Is 50% off Wickes Kitchen sale genuine?

Options
Hi,

I just rushed to place an order with Wickes as their 50% off kitchen unit sale ends today, but I've since read they have a history of doubling list prices when sales are on. I'm just wondering if my £8,523 saving on kitchen units is genuine or if I've been conned by the advertised "sale"...

Any thoughts on the list prices I've been quoted (see "Style Kitchens" section in attached image), are they double what they would normally be?

Many thanks!

Comments

• victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,601 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pretty much standard operating procedure for such businesses - alternate between "free fitting" and "50% off" to avoid being accused of never selling goods at the higher prices.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Clive_Woody
    Clive_Woody Posts: 5,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a look at the DIY Kitchens website and get a quote by sending them your list of items.
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about” – Albert Einstein
  • jonnydeppiwish!
    Options
    Have a look at the DIY Kitchens website and get a quote by sending them your list of items.
    Have just done this - almost £10k cheaper than Magnet.
    having used DIY Kitchens before, I’ll be using them again.
    2006 LBM £28,000+ in debt.
    2021 mortgage and debt free, working part time and living the dream
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport