Options
2»

Comments

• BlueJ94
    BlueJ94 Posts: 2,553 Ambassador
    First Anniversary I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Afternoon all

Not much going on today, did bottonless brunch yesterday and that's all. 

I offered Likely Loans a cheeky offer a while back of £200 instead of the £800 I owe. They came back to me yesterday accepting the £200 offer! So this will be paid at the end of the month! 
     I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Debt owed;
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    That's brilliant news BlueJ  :)
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • Bagpuss741
    Bagpuss741 Posts: 2,290 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Today I have/will

1.  Checked online banking
    2.  Been to Cardiff to use £15 M&S voucher and also got a free drink in the cafe thanks to free drinks vouchers
    3.  Cleaned bathrrom
    4.  Surveys
    5.  Meals from stores
    6.  Washed towels and they are now drying on line (lovely day here in S Wales)

Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • BlueJ94
    BlueJ94 Posts: 2,553 Ambassador
    First Anniversary I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Nice day here, we've been to a market where OH picked up beef so that's a hint for Sunday dinner :lol: and then we went to the garden centre and then B&Q. I picked up some paint to repaint the bedroom!

Got a phone call from the car garage. Said my car is ready to be collected. Was awaiting a massive bill, I expected around £700+ but to my nice surprise it was £449 as I supplied most of the parts myself. Even better, I paid in cash from my very own budgeted pockets! I don't owe a penny to anyone for the car and it's an amazing feeling.

Me and OH just did an old change, well I passed things to him he did the oil change so I helped :lol:

Tonight we're getting a BBQ takeout from a new place that opened, followed by myself enjoying a glass of gin with a nice bubble bath!

Tomorrow I have to start painting the fence and then make a start on the bedroom :smile:
     I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Debt owed;
  • Deb4
    Deb4 Posts: 252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone it's lovely and sunny here in Derbyshire 

Today I have/will do 
    Pegged washing out 
    Put washer on 
    Started to sort my new craft room 
    All meals from stores 
    Done food shopping to list 
    Sent parcel 

Hope everyone has a lovely day 

Make £2022 in 2022 #69 £2247.73/£2022
    Make £2023 in 2023 #4 £395.92 /£2023
    Declutter 2023 in 2023 35/2023
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 April 2022 at 6:45PM
    Options
    Evening all :)
    I have had a sore hip for a few days (occasional cartilage issue) so have dug out the physio exercises I was given to try to get rid of it. One lot done, will do again before bed. Fed up with it!
    So no dog walks for me today, OH had to take him. Nice weather for a walk, too. And I am a bit frustrated because I can't do much in the way of gardening atm  :(
    But I have / will:
    Routine kitchen / bathroom clean up
    Spent most of the morning making a couscous salad with loads of ingredients (like a tabbouleh). It took ages, and it isn't something I will be doing often, but it has used up lots of odd bits of veg, fruit and herbs, and I now have 2 large tubs of the sort of stuff sold in the supermarkets in little pots for about two quid each. Haven't tried it yet, as it was recommended in the recipe to leave in the fridge overnight to allow the flavours to develop. It will keep for a few days and will all get eaten, as I really like that kind of thing.
    Leftover risotto for lunch
    Sat in the sun outside this afternoon and mended a shopping bag that has been hanging about for ages. It is one of the type that folds into itself to fit inside a handbag or rucksack, and the handles were coming apart. I hate sewing, and did consider just throwing it out, but am glad that I gave myself a talking to and got on with it, to give it another lease of life.
    Checked banks and moved some untidy oddments of money to savings
    Watered my seedlings and the front garden pots.
    OH has made corned beef hash for dinner :)
    Really pleased not to need heating or the stove on!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback