PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What does it REALLY cost to run your energy guzzling household appliances? (Less than you think)

Options

Comments

• ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh and I have an air fryer, I will test that with my plug in device next time. 
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • Happy_Sloth
    Options
    i don't hang my undies outside... it makes me feel uncomfortable.. i have never thought of myself as a prude but heyhoo... maybe i am. 

BUT i don't dry them in the TD either... the TD is for drying emergencies only..  i just hang them on a maiden, 
    • May 2021 Grocery Challenge :  £198.72 spent / £300 Budget
    • June 2021 Grocery challenge : £354.19 spent / £300 Budget
  • QueenJess
    QueenJess Posts: 3,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I like my towels not too soft, but I do blast them for 20 mins in the dryer (it’s an integrated washer/drier) or the odd time for 40 mins, then hang them up. Nothing else uses the drier.

All our clothes are hung up on airers inside as we don’t have a washing line, there isn’t a huge amount of space outside, the neighbours are prone to having BBQs/random fires and never warn us in advance and I think it would take longer outside whilst trying to control a baby. 

We’ve got used to drying them inside on an airer, but then we have a new and very well ventilated/air filtered house and so I just put the clothes in the bathroom or on the landing. They dry quite quickly and then I put them away as they are close to where they need to go away. In the hot summer I do sometimes put the airers outside on the patio (it’s pretty good for drying nappies I have to admit) but I doubt I will this year with a little one as they would be thrown all round the garden! I don’t care about neighbours seeing my washing, although I would rather dry underwear and socks inside just because they are small and fiddly and it feels less effort to do it inside where they won’t fall off the airer/blow away.
    2024 decluttering: 6,935 ⭐️🥉⭐️🏅🏅🥈⭐️🏅🥇🏅⭐️🏅
    April mini kitchen declutter challenge: 38/50
    2024 decluttering goals: 🥉3,000 🥈4,000 🥇5,000 💎12,000 🏆 20,000
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family