We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Spraying vinegar on garden?

Options
I have an area of garden where anything that i plant gets stripped of all it's leaves and killed, I have tried fruit trees, pyracantha, berberis and all have been defeated by whatever is doing this apart from the native blackberry brambles which keep coming up although even they have struggled a bit being partly stripped.

I don't really want to pay for those expensive chemical sprays so i read an article online claiming you can use dish soap, baking soda or vinegar or a mixture.

Anybody tried anything like this and would it help or be worse with the acidic nature of vinegar.
Time Is The Enemy!

Comments

• roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Will only brown the leaves.
  • Emmia
    Emmia Posts: 3,305 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 8 April 2022 at 4:27PM
    Options
    Sprayed on white vinegar works well on the dandelions on my patio, but I think you need to identify what the plant noshing culprit is...
  • Woolsery
    Woolsery Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I think you might need an automatic wildlife camera. But why do you want to throw the kitchen equivalent of Agent Orange at the problem; surely that will just make things worse?.
  • twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 5,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Something that eats pyrocanthya must be an alien.
    Are the leaves nibbled? 
    Any colour or spots?
    White cobwebby stuff?

viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on

The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business