None of the 3 agencies have ever shown my main current account

Options
I've had my Lloyds Classic current account since the early 1990s. It's never appeared on any of the three credit agency portals, despite it being - until last year - the only current account I hold.

Last year I decided to open a second current account with a different bank, NatWest. This is in addition to my main current account, so that I could start taking advantage of switching bonuses without losing any reputation I've built up from having the much longer established Lloyds one.

The NatWest account appears in the portals, but my main Lloyds one still doesn't.

If the reason for opening a second account rather than switching your main one is to preserve your reputation for having a longer established account, then how does this work if the account doesn't appear to be in the records of the three credit agencies?

Does anyone else find theirs isn't showing up? Is there a way to get Clearscore, Karma and CreditClub or their respective agencies to recognise the account (and its starting date)?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lots of current account don't show up, normally because they don't have the appropriate permissions. 

However, it makes little difference on a mature credit file.
  • penners324
    penners324 Posts: 2,741 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Lloyds account is too old, open before it was a requirement to report to cras
  • FirstCoffee
    FirstCoffee Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I suspected as much. I'm just concerned that if I'm going to be using my secondary current account for switching purposes -  and that's the only current account listed -  then it risks making my current account record look more unstable than it is.

Do you know if there's a way to get an old current account retrospectively added to a CRA (ie. with the original opening date)?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I suspected as much. I'm just concerned that if I'm going to be using my secondary current account for switching purposes -  and that's the only current account listed -  then it risks making my current account record look more unstable than it is.

Do you know if there's a way to get an old current account retrospectively added to a CRA (ie. with the original opening date)?

Current accounts without overdraft facilities are on there just because they are. Trying to get an old account added (which you won't be able to do unless the bank really feels like it) really has no point. Lenders check your credit history e.g. card repayments, loans etc, your current account has no impact at all in that. Lenders know people jump around thanks to sites like this, it really is not worth even 1 second of your time as it will never be a factor in lending.
  • FirstCoffee
    FirstCoffee Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Current accounts without overdraft facilities are on there just because they are. Trying to get an old account added (which you won't be able to do unless the bank really feels like it) really has no point. Lenders check your credit history e.g. card repayments, loans etc, your current account has no impact at all in that. Lenders know people jump around thanks to sites like this, it really is not worth even 1 second of your time as it will never be a factor in lending.
    Ok, thanks. That's good to know.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure