Superdrug online payment

Mary.M
Mary.M Posts: 3
First Post First Anniversary
edited 31 March 2022 at 4:30PM in Praise, vent & warnings
Anyone else had trouble with Superdrug's website?  a few weeks back I tried to buy some stuff but the website declined both my credit and debit cards. 

As these are regularly used elsewhere without any difficulty I asked Superdrug's Customer Support for help, they blamed WorldPay and told me to sort it out myself.  They weren't in the least bit interested in losing my business so I just bought the stuff elsewhere and my cards have been used many times since without any problem, including with another WorldPay merchant I use regularly.

Then this week I agreed a refund for a Superdrug store purchase, not only was it incredibly hard work to persuade them to honour my consumer rights (for which I quoted MoneySavingExpert, many thanks!), but Superdrug would only refund in loyalty card points so I tried to use them online and needed to pay a very small balance, once again my card was declined.

I wasted a lot of time being given excuses by Superdrug, none of which made any difference, until I noticed their website had altered my address on the billing screen.  The account holds the correct address, same as the delivery address, but the payment screen had reversed the house number and street so instead of saying '10 High Street' it said 'High Street, 10' and of course that doesn't match my card records so the payment had declined.

I've reported this to Superdrug and that I had to do their tech support staff's job for them by troubleshooting the error myself, they have offered me '500 points' as an apology for my wasted time.  We are talking about 20 e-mails, not five minutes and I don't feel inclined to buy anything from them ever again.

I can't believe I'm the only person in the country whose billing address has been randomly changed!

Comments

• Kymmie
    Kymmie Posts: 513
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Not had any problems with them. And the customer service team is usually really good. 
    s. X2 tickets for Itunes festival in London, Wagamamma's cookbook, Girls Aloud ticket bundle, Herbal essence dazzling shine range. Slumberdown bedding, Free Cadburys chocolate bar, Jellybeans, Bioderma Cleanser, X2 Susan Boyle tickets,X3 Cushelle koala's, The hut bluetooth speaker Headphones, Henry V open air theatre tickets,playdoh set,£500
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback