Wall planners, annual leave forms etc

Options
Just wondering, what do people in small organisations use for keeping track of who's taking holiday when? My nearest big stationers is Staples, but I can't see what I'm after there.

Two things I'm after: one would be carbonless forms for requesting leave, so that you'd have a copy of what you'd asked your manager for. Could photocopy, I suppose, and just make my own, but looking for an easy life ...

The other is a year planner which lists people's names and shows who's away when. If there was an easy Excel template I could print it to A3.

There are 11 of us on the staff, if that helps.
Signature removed for peace of mind

Comments

• Mike_by_the_Sea
    Options
    Hi Savvy_Sue

One suggestion that I have used in the past is to have 2 leave requests on one sheet of A4 - one for the individual and one for the manager - once signed then just tear in half and have one each.

As regards the year planner, I can e-mail you a simple Excel template that I have put together if it helps.

Best regards

Mike
    Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught - Sir Winston Churchill
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For just 11 I would probably type up a simple form in Word:

Name: ________________ Number of Days: _______________

Date Requested From To Total Days Days Left Manager signature

And an appropriate number of lines (plus extras as people might take half days

I'd do a sheet per person and bung the lot in a ring binder on top of the filing cabinet (or similar).

If you want holiday, fill out your form and leave the folder open on top of the filing cabinet for a manager signature.

Then if a manager comes in, they can spot it and sign.

Once approved, the dates could be put onto some overall system/chart
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yup, I think it's the overall system / chart that I'm after, so that the managers can avoid signing ALL the admin staff or ALL the frontline staff off at the same time ... but I've PMed Mike and he's sending me his template (may have sent it already but haven't checked work email yet ...)
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport