NCP car park overcharge

Options
One evening  in December 2021, we used NCP in Edinburgh Castle Street. Evening  rate was advertised at £8:95 but we were charged £14.85. I emailed NCP and after three months and several emails back and forward,  where they asked for our tickets, our receipts and even the bank statement showing the payment going out,  they decided that we had been charged the correct amount of £4.95 per hour. They even sent the link to their pricing rates, which clearly shows the evening rate of £8.95!
I emailed their Parking Rates link straight back to them, and they decided then that we had been overcharged and would refund to our card the difference.
In every email I sent, I asked for information as to how many people parked in that car park that evening, (there was a concert that evening, very close by) and later asked for information for the whole of December, but they have not once acknowledged my request, simply ignoring it. I know I have been subject to “delay tactic“, but I honestly expected the eventual outcome would be that they would acknowledge their mistake and pay out.  I did not expect though, that it would go as far as it did and that they would reject my claim. It took my  response to the rejection before the error was acknowledged! 
I do wonder how much money NCP make in this way. 
Beware folks

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure