Getting paranoid, will second income affect my redundancy payout?

Hi I have a full time job, which looks like its going into administration next week. I have a second income selling cards on ebay. will this second income affect my government redundancy payment? I'm thinking am I classed as having a job during notice period or something like that, just getting really paranoid thinking I should wind up my eBay as my redundancy is not to be sniffed at, cheers Mark.

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,463
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    When you say "government redundancy payment" do you mean your employer is insolvent and the government will be paying your redundancy?
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • When you say "government redundancy payment" do you mean your employer is insolvent and the government will be paying your redundancy?
    Hi, yes, as far as I know my site has been ring fenced from the rest of the company and is going into administation
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,463
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I think you need to check out exactly what is happening. I am not certain that a company can liquidate a part and expect the government to pick up the redundancy tab
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,429
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    By "government redundancy payment", do you mean "statutory redundancy" or state payment in the event of insolvency?

Can you explain better the type of organisation and how one branch can enter liquidation but not the remainder of the business?  Is it a franchise business model?
  • Having a second unrelated job/business  shouldn’t affect your redundancy entitlement.  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback