AO.COM Price Match - Praise!

Options
quest4me2
quest4me2 Posts: 28 Forumite
First Post
edited 26 March 2022 at 4:07PM in Praise, vent & warnings
I can't fault AO for their speed with the price match service. I've just purchased a Indesit Aria Oven priced at £199, and then I found it for £178.97 on Appliances Direct, I completed the form in my account, and within 30 minutes they messaged, and have refunded the difference of £20.03! That's what I call excellent service!

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Its good. However the company who actually offered a low price to market didnt get a sale ;)
  • quest4me2
    First Post
    Options
    custardy said:
    Its good. However the company who actually offered a low price to market didnt get a sale ;)
    Very true, but I also think they didn't install either or remove the old oven, which is needed! :)
  • custardy
    Options
    quest4me2 said:
    custardy said:
    Very true, but I also think they didn't install either or remove the old oven, which is needed! :)
    I dont get the point. You could have got that from the seller with the lower price.
    The likes of Amazon thrive on price matching sellers who offer lower prices but dont get sales
  • SiliconChip
    SiliconChip Posts: 1,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    custardy said:
    quest4me2 said:
    custardy said:
     You could have got that from the seller with the lower price.

Not if that seller doesn't offer install or removal, which the OP has said is what they believe to be the case (and you've quoted them saying it!)

• custardy
    Options
    custardy said:
    quest4me2 said:
    custardy said:

Not if that seller doesn't offer install or removal, which the OP has said is what they believe to be the case (and you've quoted them saying it!)

Except they do. Yes I quoted them and checked before replying.
    Perhaps you should have followed that thought process.

• quest4me2
    First Post
    Options
    custardy said:
    custardy said:
    quest4me2 said:
    custardy said:

But your first post didn't say anything as such... 
  • custardy
    Options
    quest4me2 said:
    custardy said:
    custardy said:
    quest4me2 said:
    custardy said:

But your first post didn't say anything as such... 
    As it didnt need mentioning.
    You simply felt the need to try and make some sort of point.
    Whereas the real point is companies that actually drive prices down, lose out to those simply pricing higher and offering a price match some might use.
  • Azari
    Azari Posts: 4,317 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    AO have the most brilliant customer service.

I paid for installation for a washing machine because I didn't want to be lumbered with all the packaging (which turned out to be much less than I expected, anyway).

When I told the delivery men that they didn't need to install the machine they said that in that case I didn't need to pay for the installation, and if I phoned AO they would refund that. 

In fact, within an hour, AO phoned me and told me that the money would be refunded.
    There are two types of people in the world: Those that can extrapolate information.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback