gas safety certificate cost

Options
I typed into google gas safety certificate cost and saw offer of £34 for gas safety certificate. great but when i clicked and entered all my personal deails now they ask for £69 so i was going to click off and then a £5 discount came. this is funny way to do business in my opinion. also the company is based very far from me.

can anyone say what the typical cost of gas safety certificate and also is it the same safety checks for buying and selling than also for renting. final price is £64 but might change when i try and pay, and also final price for gas safety certificate + boiler service Bundle is £135 which is more than double, but why? is payment upfront ok or wait until job completion?

same question on another thread for eicr report for domestic house.

ps i paid £35 in 2011, prices have gone nearly double in so little time when my wages have not gone double :neutral:

Comments

• plumberpaig
    plumberpaig Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 March 2022 at 11:00AM
    Options
    2011 is a very long time ago. A quick look around suggests £80-90 for the gas safety certificate and similar for the boiler service. If done at the same time they should be discounted in my opinion as many of the checks will overlap.

There is a thread here you should take a look at:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5855292/gas-electrical-safety-certificate-buying-selling-home-buyer-report/p1

Quite a few members on here have used the company in the link above (including me) and they offer simple pricing and they do checks for landlords, buyers and sellers.

Home Buyer Report – Standard £189

Includes:
    Gas Safety Certificate
    Electrical Installation Condition Report
    Add Boiler Service +£30

Landlord - Standard £79

Includes:
    Gas Safety Certificate
    Boiler Service

Landlord - Bronze £129

Includes:
    Gas Safety Certificate
    Boiler Service
    Energy Performance Certificate

....value for money when compared to other companies!

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I use a local plumber who charges £65 for a Gas Safety inspection/certificate.  

Local letting agents seem to generally charge £89.
  • hutch2828
    hutch2828 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you plumberpaig but this company not cover my area. There is one more company which I find online which is gas-elec. co. uk/ but there prices are higher. They also cannot cover my area for 'a number of week'. So anyone have local recommendations then send me a message privately.

Thank you and God Bless You.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure