We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What small DFW things will you do w/c 21/03/22

Options

Comments

• twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all!

That's big news @BlueJ94 but sounds like it's for the best. 

Today I have/will:
    • Check banks 
    • Make lunch to take to work 
    • Turn microwave off at the wall 
    • Transfer LO squash from this morning into my water bottle to take to work
    • Use last charity bag as bin liner 
    • Update spreadsheet 
    • Walk pooch to shop for a couple of things - do not buy anything else!!!
    • Snap receipt 
    • Dinner from stores 
    • Possibly pop present to my brother as it's his birthday on Saturday 
    • Crochet in front of the TV
    That's everything I can think of for now. Hope you all have a good day. 

Twigs 
    Starting again..
  • BlueJ94
    BlueJ94 Posts: 2,555 Ambassador
    First Anniversary I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks @twiggy86

They counter offered me, instead of leaving they offered me the few days off to refresh myself etc. Which, I'm going to do.

Relax refresh and try again. As the extra £500 is coming in handy. Told my OH I was thinking of leaving and we talked and he said to maybe just stick it out until I'm debt free and then if I want to leave I can as I won't really need the money as such. 
     I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Debt owed;
  • Bagpuss741
    Bagpuss741 Posts: 2,290 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    @BlueJ94. Do what's best for you :)

Today I have/will:

1.  Checked online banking
    2.  Been to gym for physio, only managed 20 mins as I got a sharp pain in my knee, also the air con is broke so I was sweltering
    3.  Washed living room carpet
    4.  Went to M&S to buy some fruit, next time will go to Cardiff market as it will be cheaper
    5.  Surveys 
    6.  Meals from stores
    7.  Finalise meals plan and shopping list for Lidl tomorrow
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • BlueJ94
    Options
    Thanks all, heads all over the place at the moment! But good news, I've got another job interview next Wednesday at 2pm for a trainee textile bag printer job, sounds fun! I love doing design and art things so hopefully I get it. I'll earn more there also being 20k a year! 
     I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Debt owed;
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you get the job situation sorted out to your satisfaction @BlueJ94
    Today I have:
    Walked dog, gorgeous day again :)
    Kitchen and bathroom clean up / tidy
    Cleaned my winter boots. They need new soles and heels, so I will take them to the shop tomorrow. I' ve had them about 5 years now, and they have had one new set of heels. Definitely worth getting them fixed so they last another couple of years. They weren't cheap, and still look good (now that I have cleaned them lol).
    Sorted out fridge and small freezer
    Made an apple pie from apples bought for a specific recipe (I had 3 left over) and a lump of leftover pastry from the fridge :)
    Sold a small item on FB marketplace
    Survey for YouGov
    Sowed some coriander and dill in odd corners of the garden, and beetroot in modules in my mini greenhouse, planted out the broad bean plants I had grown in the greenhouse. Covered them with fleece to keep the birds off them. We have naughty jackdaws and wood pigeons who can't leave anything alone. Once the beans get established and start to grow, I will take off the fleece - it isn't very attractive.
    Pruned the pear tree a bit
    Sat in the garden afterwards, and read for a while in the sunshine
    No heating during the day. We light the stove for the evening as it gets chilly, but I haven't used the central heating for a couple of weeks now. Might change my mind if it gets wet and cold though!
    Nothing spent today, shopping day is tomorrow :)

• BlueJ94
    Options
    Thanks @DawnW

I hope I get this new job! It seems really cool. On a sad note, my fridge freezer is on death doors. The fridge department keeps leaking in the draws and no idea why. But the fridge was free 7 years ago :lol:

So keeping an eye out for a second hand one on marketplace! 

Debt owed;
  • DawnW
    Options
    BlueJ94 said:
    Thanks @DawnW

I hope I get this new job! It seems really cool. On a sad note, my fridge freezer is on death doors. The fridge department keeps leaking in the draws and no idea why. But the fridge was free 7 years ago :lol:

So keeping an eye out for a second hand one on marketplace! 

Don't forget some of the larger charity shops stock appliances, which are supplied tested with a warranty and they deliver.
  • Bagpuss741
    Bagpuss741 Posts: 2,290 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Today I have/will:

1.  Checked online banking
    2.  Been to Lidl and stuck to list
    3.  Planted strawberry plants that I bought in lidl and one of the pots had two plants in it so I've got a free plant
    4.  Meals from stores
    5.  I just noticed that I have a free box of truffles on my M&S sparks card so will pick them up on Saturday when I go to Cardiff. I also have a free hot drink and cake voucher on my John Lewis app so will use that up as well.
    6.  Duolingo Welsh
    7.  Washed gym kit ready to go again tomorrow. It is now drying on line
    8.  Water plants in pots later

Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts everyone
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • Deb4
    Deb4 Posts: 252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 24 March 2022 at 5:59PM
    Options
    Hi everyone 

Today I have/will do 

Check online banking as I was off last week and I haven't been paid any sick pay 
    Pegged washing out 
    Got a free bread from m&s
    Uploaded more items for sale 
    Moved all my craft stuff out of the dining room into the space room just need to sort it out now 

Have a good evening everyone 

Make £2022 in 2022 #69 £2247.73/£2022
    Make £2023 in 2023 #4 £395.92 /£2023
    Declutter 2023 in 2023 35/2023
  • DawnW
    Options
    Afternoon all :)
    @Bagpuss741 your strawberry plants will send out runners during the summer. If you peg or weigh the resulting baby plants down in a pot of compost, they will root and you will get lots of free plants :)
    Had some of the last HG rhubarb from the freezer with my breakfast porridge and yogurt this morning - there is some almost ready in the garden, so I thought I ought to use up the frozen stuff!
    Walked the dog - he didn't want to go far this morning for some reason. Since he had his big spinal op, we tend to let him choose what exercise he wants. He obviously doesn't have a problem in that respect though, as he was charging around with one of his toys as soon as we got back :D 
    While we were out we saw an old wooden planter thrown on top of some recycling bins just up the road. It had previously been chucked out onto the pavement a few days ago, so someone was obviously tidying up and had put it there in the hope that the recycling people would take it (they wouldn't). It came home with us. It was a bit broken and needed a repair, but OH did that.
    Shopping today, market first and then Lidl. Haven't been to the market in the next, slightly bigger town for ages and I had forgotten what good value it is. Got bacon, cheese, fruit and veg and didn't need to buy much at Lidl at all. Added a few tins for the food bank.
    Finishing up various fridge bits for lunch and dinner today. OH has made some coleslaw to have with a jacket potato and some of the spinach and feta pie I made the other day. Looking forward to that.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure