Kings Cross Hotel - June 2022

Hi there - I am heading into London for two nights in June and wanting to stay in the Kings Cross area, it will be mid-week Tuesday to Thursday. It's been years since I've been and I was quite surprised to see rooms at Premier Inn are 200GBP per night. Does anyone have a recommendation for hotels in the area that are cheap, cheerful and reliable? Cheers.
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention ~ Anonymous

Comments

• TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,198
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    There is a Premier Inn hub near Kings cross as well as the 'proper' hotel, which may well be cheaper .I've stayed there a couple of times and it's fine - being a 'hub' the room is of course tiny but the mattresses are comfortable and the rooms are clean, and I've always found the staff friendly. 

There is also the Travelodge London Kings Cross Royal Scot which looks like it is about £100 a night for most mid week nights in June - I think there are 2 travelodges and one is newer and more expensive. I haven't stayed there recently but as a trvalodge I think it's likely to be fairly generic. 
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,749
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Some I've used for guests to where I work in that are
    Crescent Hotel In Bloomsbury, Central London | B&B | Bed & Breakfast Near Russell Square (crescenthoteloflondon.com)
    A double room is around £130.

Imperial Hotels group Hotels in Central London | Imperial London Hotels (imperialhotels.co.uk)
    The Royal National is large and not too far and fairly well priced. But the Bedford closer to Holborn is nicer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback