British Gas 'Bad Service' advice urgently needed.

I have existing service contracts with British Gas to cover the Central Heating.
In 2021 (approx June !!!??) the annual service was performed and the Central Heating needed a Power Flush.
This was agreed and the power flush was escalated as very urgent by the Engineer who performed the Service.
(Water in CHS was very Black and Heat exchanger had failed for Hot Water Production,  the Engineer replaced under service contract but advised would not last unless Power Flush performed ASAP)

To cut a very very long story short, the Power flush was never performed due to numerous 'issues', delays, visits by the engineer who did not do the job.
Chemicals were put in the Central Heating system in preparation for the flush, the Engineer said he would return next week with longer pressure hoses for the Power flush but he did not return & British Gas stopped responding to calls.

I was very reasonable and as covid was impacting BG allowed months for the job to be actioned ... still no action or communication from BG.

The issue was escalated in Dec2021 (to the Engineer and his Manager) and this also resulted in no action.

Eventually, after escalating twice more [yet more long story] the Power flush was agreed to be performed on 08/02/2022.

The Power flush was performed with yet more lack of grace and terrible customer service.
[Have not complained about this 'yet' as this will be a distraction from the main issue(s)]

The invoice is due and I would like to complain and get some compensation for this saga of 'customer focused service ... NOT'.

Urgently need some ideas where to start !!!???
(Sick of recounting the saga to yet another disinterested person in BG, who always promises to call back but does not !!!)

What would you consider reasonable compensation ?

Bear in mind that BG is not the cheapest company to perform a 'PowerFlush' but I was forced by circumstances to agree to their price as they serviced the CHS.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,516 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have existing service contracts with British Gas to cover the Central Heating.
    In 2021 (approx June !!!??) the annual service was performed and the Central Heating needed a Power Flush.
    This was agreed and the power flush was escalated as very urgent by the Engineer who performed the Service.
    (Water in CHS was very Black and Heat exchanger had failed for Hot Water Production,  the Engineer replaced under service contract but advised would not last unless Power Flush performed ASAP)

To cut a very very long story short, the Power flush was never performed due to numerous 'issues', delays, visits by the engineer who did not do the job.
    Chemicals were put in the Central Heating system in preparation for the flush, the Engineer said he would return next week with longer pressure hoses for the Power flush but he did not return & British Gas stopped responding to calls.

I was very reasonable and as covid was impacting BG allowed months for the job to be actioned ... still no action or communication from BG.

The issue was escalated in Dec2021 (to the Engineer and his Manager) and this also resulted in no action.

Eventually, after escalating twice more [yet more long story] the Power flush was agreed to be performed on 08/02/2022.

The Power flush was performed with yet more lack of grace and terrible customer service.
    [Have not complained about this 'yet' as this will be a distraction from the main issue(s)]

The invoice is due and I would like to complain and get some compensation for this saga of 'customer focused service ... NOT'.

Urgently need some ideas where to start !!!???
    (Sick of recounting the saga to yet another disinterested person in BG, who always promises to call back but does not !!!)

What would you consider reasonable compensation ?

Bear in mind that BG is not the cheapest company to perform a 'PowerFlush' but I was forced by circumstances to agree to their price as they serviced the CHS.

Thanks in advance.

Couldn't you have gone to any local company to get a power flush?
    You don't get compensation for bad service, that's a goodwill gesture. Are you likely to get one from British Gas? I highly doubt it. The job has been done, brush it under the carpet and move on.
  • mobileron
    mobileron Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Only get compensation if you have lost money.How much do you think this is.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback