Eon Next not taken Direct Debit

Options
Has anyone on Eon next noticed if their direct debit has been taken today as normal? I’ve just noticed mine hasn’t been taken and isn’t showing in my pending either. Can’t get through to them on phone probably due to their rapidly withdrawn new fix. My account moved over from Eon energy to Eon next (I can’t actually work out the difference between them?) in December and my account still isn’t showing previous bills, I’ve also just noticed my smart meter hasn't been sending gas meter readings but has been sending electricity since switching in December. The cynic in me can’t help but wonder if all this is a deliberate ploy on Eon’s part to get me off my current cheap 18month fix not due to end until end sept 22  :#

Comments

• tomvilla21
    tomvilla21 Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It’s normal to see the delay in smart meter reads showing with the new supplier. Take a manual reading from the actual meter (take photo for evidence) and they will be you up to date. 

As for direct debit, try Facebook chat or email them they’re open longer than the phone lines. 

Your tariff will be safe and shouldn’t need to worry about that until sept. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 2 March 2022 at 10:20AM
    Options
    Has anyone on Eon next noticed if their direct debit has been taken today as normal? I’ve just noticed mine hasn’t been taken and isn’t showing in my pending either. Can’t get through to them on phone probably due to their rapidly withdrawn new fix. My account moved over from Eon energy to Eon next (I can’t actually work out the difference between them?) in December and my account still isn’t showing previous bills, I’ve also just noticed my smart meter hasn't been sending gas meter readings but has been sending electricity since switching in December. The cynic in me can’t help but wonder if all this is a deliberate ploy on Eon’s part to get me off my current cheap 18month fix not due to end until end sept 22  :#
    Yes my DD has not been taken out on the 1st as is normally the case - neither is it pending in my Eon account or in my bank account.  I have been with Eon Next since October 1st and this is the first time the DD has not been taken.  Neither did I get a reminder about the meter read 5 days before.  I have recently changed from paying by fixed DD to variable DD (on the same tariff).  I sent them a twitter yesterday but as yet no reply.

EDIT:  Twitter Reply

I apologise for the delay in getting back to you, it seems there has been an error our end and your direct debit was never processed for March 🙁, The next payment is due on the 01st April. I am so sorry about that I have no idea what happened as the system normally does this automatically 🙁.

Not great to hear this. I am waiting to confirm that no DD will be taken in March.  If this is the case I shall make a manual top-up payment.

Re the smart meter situation, although both my meters are SMETS 2, Eon Next have never been able to read my meters remotely.  A few days ago they informed me 

they do have a backlog at the moment, around 6-8 weeks at this point, they are trying to resolve all the issues by sending automatic updates in batch runs to the meters. In the meantime please can you continue to send readings and if smart functionality has not returned after 3/4 months, please get back in touch.

• Astria
    Astria Posts: 1,448 Forumite
    Options
    They've not taken my DD either and I don't even have a smart meter! But they have sent me a bill based off my readers as per usual so I'm sure they'll collect it at some point.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited 2 March 2022 at 10:45AM
    Options
    Just spoken to them on the phone.  The extremely bored-sounding CS agent came across as being someone that had no idea what was going on with my account.  I'm going to leave it a week just to see if they do make a late DD but the information I got was that the next scheduled payment will be 1st April.  If they don't take a DD in the next week or so, I will just make a manual top-up to reduce the balance back to £0.00 before the April payment.
  • Upzeecreek
    Upzeecreek Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    I've been switched to Eon next in the last month and they seem to be getting updated electric readings (smart) but no gas readings. Also as previous poster said no statements transfered from Eon. 
    I was promoted to call them as Eon next had produced an electric bill ( just the amount but no statement) During the call ,all my previous statements were made available on the eon next account. 
    Also I have just manually submitted new gas and electric readings through the app and statements produced the next day. 
    Can't comment on the DD as not taken until 7th. 
  • annabanana82
    annabanana82 Posts: 3,041 Forumite
    Options
    My DD wasn't taken either, should have been my first one as I had been paying  on receipt of bill. 
    For contacting them I always use Facebook and get a speedy response 
    Make £2023 in 2023 (#36) £3479.30/£2023

Make £2024 in 2024...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My DD wasn't taken either, should have been my first one as I had been paying  on receipt of bill. 
    For contacting them I always use Facebook and get a speedy response 
    Eon Next have raised the bill for February and, because I have elected to go variable DD, they will take the DD on 17th March that takes my balance down to £0.00 until the next bill is raised.  You would have thought they would have wanted to do this much faster but there you go.  I can live with this and will be what I wanted to happen.  Pity the customer portal is not really making this crystal clear.
  • Upzeecreek
    Upzeecreek Posts: 111 Forumite
    edited 21 December 2023 at 3:18PM
    Options

Eon Next have raised the bill for February and, because I have elected to go variable DD, they will take the DD on 17th March that takes my balance down to £0.00 until the next bill is raised.  You would have thought they would have wanted to do this much faster but there you go.  I can live with this and will be what I wanted to happen.  Pity the customer portal is not really making this crystal clear.
    Did you have to call Eon next to be put on the variable DD ? Can't see anyway of doing it on line. Thanks 

• wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,126 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm with Octopus after Avro went under and my gas reading is never taken, the smart meter was installed by BG in July 2015 and the electric is giving daily readings but not the gas. I ain't bothered as I give them weekly readings and the bill is produced the next day.  Even after the price increase in April I expect the following 6 months bills to be under £400 
    Someone please tell me what money is
  • [Deleted User]
    edited 21 December 2023 at 3:18PM
    Options

Did you have to call Eon next to be put on the variable DD ? Can't see anyway of doing it on line. Thanks 

Yes I had to phone them.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure