Groupon - Antivirus Purchase

Hi I bought software from Groupon in February 2022 and was advised that the voucher code provided had already been activated a month earlier.
Groupon advised to go to the merchant. The merchant advised me that it had been activated and being used from a totally different email i.e. NOT mine and the issue needs to be resolved by Groupon.
I contacted Groupon who have now said the software is activated and I cannot get a refund or new voucher code! I have explained that I only bought the software in February 2022 so, how can I be using it from January 2022?!
Total radio silence from Groupon now. I contacted my credit card company to assist with the dispute. Clearly there is a GDPR/Privacy type issue here as Groupon are issuing duplicate voucher codes to at least two totally different customers.
Any advice would be great or if someone has had something similar.

Comments

• Thanks I did speak to my CC to raise a dispute but wanted to know if anyone had a similar experience with Groupon.
  • Azari
    Azari Posts: 4,317
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    cx6 said:

Not sure what you were going to use AV for anyway, but if you have Windows 10 you don't need to buy a separate AV as Windows Defender is enough.
    A lot of people would disagree with that statement.
    There are two types of people in the world: Those that can extrapolate information.
  • mistryv
    mistryv Posts: 6
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Credit card company sorted in the end and took the hit. 
  • Azari said:
    cx6 said:

Not sure what you were going to use AV for anyway, but if you have Windows 10 you don't need to buy a separate AV as Windows Defender is enough.
    A lot of people would disagree with that statement.
    It is actually one of the best www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/manufacturer/microsoft/
  • Certain anti-malware also has other additions which make the small fee worthwhile. Emsisoft for example, gives you PC anti-malware, smartphone anti-malware and also allows you to lock apps with a passcode to protect your data if your phone is lost/stolen and also monitors your email address for data leaks across the internet. This extra layer of protection can be very beneficial for some. But of course, if your browsing habits are mostly checking BBC Sport and monitoring your email inbox at home, then Windows Defender is probably sufficient.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback