We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Sky A/C registered at my address

Hello, today a letter from sky came to my address in a name of someone who has not lived here, I opened the letter & called sky as an individual has a sky A/C registered at my address. I advised the The call taker that I would like a record that the above is the case as I was concerned about it, he advised he could not do anything as I was not the a/c holder & that it wouldn't be an issue for me as not in my name, we had a further discussion & he did not appreciate the person had used my address but did not & has not lived here, I've written to them but I'm concerned that there maybe some sort of Freud going on &/or mine & othersliving here credit reference may be impacted? I'm waiting to hear back from Sky but don't hold out much hope of a satisfactory responce! Is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks 

Comments

  • capcat100 said:

    I've written to them but I'm concerned that there maybe some sort of Freud going on &/or mine & othersliving here credit reference may be impacted? 
    It's not any member of the Freud family and it won't impact anyone's credit file apart from the person in question.
  • Just make sure it's registered with them in case the person defaults and they end up with debt people coming in to you for their debt. Could just be a neighbour making a typo on the address also
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.