Amazon Subscribe & Save - payment taken early and with no notification.

2»

Comments

• MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    olliebean said:
    I got the email today, 3 days before the last date to cancel or amend the order, 9 days before the delivery is due, and 5 days after payment was taken. The email says "Your payment will be processed on: Saturday, Feb 19," and if I look on my Amazon account it's showing as a pending payment, but the effect is no different from actually taking the payment - my balance has gone down and there's less available for other purchases.
    You still have time to cancel if you do it now.

Last time my S&S order was due I cancelled all the items successfully and my money, although ringfenced, wasn't taken. If they haven't actually packed up the stuff to send, they will cancel at short notice. (Even though the final date for cancelling had passed in my case. I thought I'd try for nothing.)

In my case, they don't ever take the money in a lump sum, they list each item separately as shown on my 'pending transactions' list on my banking app.

You have plenty of time to cancel. Just do it now.

I really don't see the problem here. That's how amazon does it and if you don't like it you have the option, as you say, to not use it again. I use S&S because when I order five items for each delivery they're all discounted at 15% and there's no postage to pay. It suits me - but I understand it may not suit everyone.
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback