Noldone - scam? Beware.

Options
I've said this to my husband so many times: if it looks too good to be true, it probably is, and now it's my turn to feel like a fool. 
I was looking for a small garden storage shed to replace a dilapidated one; found one which I thought would be perfect, with the added bonus of it being at least half the price of similar items on more well-known websites.  Free delivery too, so I thought I was on to something good. 
No sign of the unit after a few days, so I went back to check their delivery terms and found that the website no longer exists. I was able to email them as they emailed me originally with confirmation of order, but have heard nothing.  I guessed I've been scammed out of £70; is there anything I can do?  They've taken the money, and details on my bank statement include that the item was sold by way of Shopify (I've never heard of them).  I've sent Shopify a complaint but have heard nothing from them.
I found the company by googling garden storage and Noldone's was the first to appear in the list.  I've just googled again and they now don't appear in any list.
The only other information I have is that Noldone are Birmingham based.
Has anyone else had an issue with this company?

Comments

• Swub
    Swub Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think they just got me. Exactly the same scenario.
  • JoJoSouthgate
    Options
    Same here :( 

Bank has said I can't claim for at least 30 days (as I only ordered it 3 days ago). They said they could just be having technical issues with their website. Fair enough, but my gut says otherwise....

Shopify is an online shopping ecommerce platform that companies use to list and sell their products from. They aren't dodgy and won't be able to do anything about the transaction. 

Fingers crossed the bank are right and it'll turn up soon. Hopefully the bank will be able to reimburse. 
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,337 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How you paid is the key here, hopefully safely using a credit card or debit card at the very least.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Patty_Odore
    Options
    soolin said:
    How you paid is the key here, hopefully safely using a credit card or debit card at the very least.

Debit card, so might get my money back.  Hopefully....
  • Spomo91
    Options
    Hey, I was just wondering if anyone had an outcome yet? As I think I am in the same boat. No replies and website still unavailable 
  • Patty_Odore
    Options
    Spomo91 said:
    Hey, I was just wondering if anyone had an outcome yet? As I think I am in the same boat. No replies and website still unavailable 

Hi, just an update.  I've today spoken to my bank who have reported the transaction to Visa and I've forward the original confirmation email from Noldone, together with my email chasing them for the product as evidence.  It's been logged as a visa dispute; hopefully I'll be refunded.  Definitely worth reporting the transaction to your bank.
  • mobileron
    mobileron Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Never use a Debit card thats your money, Credit card is the banks money.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback