Kitchen fitter

God don't know where to start.
Bought a kitchen from a company that does them at whole sale price. I was told that every was in the warehouse and I just need a kitchen fitter. So I got one and was quoted 5k to fit a kitchen and two bathrooms. The kitchen company screw up put my order in January 2022. Parts are missing. So I've had run out and buy the missing parts. Have been told that I'll get my money back for the missing parts .
The kitchen fitter is just one person and on the odd occasion he brings in his mate to help out. Took him 3 weeks to fit my bathroom up stairs   one week my son had covid 19 so no work got done. Now he's saying he wants extra money due to the job taking longer than he expected.  Says the delays but there are days when he does turn up until 10-11 in the morning  then goes about 5 at night.
Then every little problem he comes across. He just wants more money.  Like block pipe in kitchen and now he wants more off me. Even thou I paid him 600 pounds on Friday just gone. He's wanting another 138 pounds of me as he had to fit a broken pipe in the bottom bathroom.
Just don't what to do . 

Comments

• andyhop
    andyhop Posts: 1,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Unfortunately such a low price should have set alarm bells ringing, 5k is not enough to fit a kitchen and 2 bathrooms 

At his current rate, maybe 8 weeks work total for 5k - £400 a week . 

Delays caused by the customer would certainly be chargeable by us, same with any works that are not on a quote or could not be foreseen at quoting stage 
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback