We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Unauthorised Payments
Comments
-
Who are these payments to ?
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0 -
SUPERPROF- STUDENT PA, that’s what has been appearing on my statement. Can see it quite clearly on Barclays mobile app.0
-
The chargeback limit is 120 days yes, but seems like you were signed up for a service, whether intentional or not, you can dispute them but it's a bit strange to only just notice0
-
I never check my statement, generally leave it to one side.0
-
Looks like it is an on line tutoring service - ring any bells ?Their payment terms seem to make it difficult to accidentally sign up
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
1 -
Don't leave statements to 1 side.
Looks like a service you've signed up for.2 -
I never signed up to any tutoring services. It has been reported to Barclays fraud team. All payments refunded. Now I’m checking my statements more often.1
-
That's good news. Also that you're checking your statements. I learned the hard way that putting statements to one side is one way on the road to getting a debt relief order. (Now thankfully all in the past and lesson learned.)garcon6 said:I never signed up to any tutoring services. It has been reported to Barclays fraud team. All payments refunded. Now I’m checking my statements more often.
Now I have my banking app on my phone and check my statements twice a week. It's quick and easy to do and I know exactly where my money is at all times. I don't even think that's OTT either.. . .Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.0 -
Also I out that I was paying for a subscription £14.99 for the last two years. Luckily still had the email confirmation and it was refunded.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
