Delays with postal deliveries

Options
There were big delays over the Xmas period, caused by a variety of factors. Like many people I was receiving Xmas cards well into January. I claimed compensation for the delay on 18 of these and received 18 letters each containing a pack of 6 first class stamps. Details of how to claim are on the Royal Mail website. The online form seems cumbersome at first but here are some tips: I uploaded photos of the envelope and the contents for evidence of posting and value; for where the item was posted I just entered the area, eg ‘York’ - the firm asks for the exact postbox but I think this is for situations where it may be problems at the despatched end - in my case there was acknowledgement of huge delays in our area so clearly they weren’t too concerned about which postbox the items started their journey in; if you do several claims in a row it saves your personal details so you don’t have to repeat those. So I would encourage all to claim if you experience delays with postal deliveries - as well as getting the stamps it may make the Royal Mail think again about not recruiting temporary staff when they are overwhelmed. 

Comments

• SiliconChip
    SiliconChip Posts: 1,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Are the stamps they've sent you the new style ones with a QR code? If not, and if you don't expect to use all 108 by the end of January 2023, you'll need to exchange the unusued ones.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I could never read a posting date on the envelopes, never mond where they had been posted.
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,539 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Are the stamps they've sent you the new style ones with a QR code? If not, and if you don't expect to use all 108 by the end of January 2023, you'll need to exchange the unusued ones.
    If it's a book of 6 - they will be old-style red ones.  The new ones come in books of 4 and 8.  Which raises a question - will the compensation have to change to 8?  Or will they send 6 from a sheet?

You claimed compo for late receipt of Christmas cards ?  !
    It hadn't occurred to me to do so as I've not had anything beyond a week overdue.  But it's perfectly valid to claim for a delay.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Should the claim not be made by the sender, not the person who was receiving the post
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,539 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    sheramber said:
    Should the claim not be made by the sender, not the person who was receiving the post
    Usually - but either end can claim.  
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback