We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

sunflower hearts cheapest

Options
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx Posts: 425 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 6 February 2022 at 12:31PM in Gardening
Hi, 

I was looking for the cheapest sunflower hearts for wild birds. in my efforts I came up with this as being the cheapest at £27, or £1.35 per kilo now sold out.
Sunflower Hearts 20kg Bag | Low Prices | My Pets Supply  
But they had nothing I wanted for £3.01 to get free delivery.  I was going to get cat food but their cat food was too expensive compared with other shops 
Arden Grange adult £22 vs £18 in Pets at Home

I also found this shop selling the same for £27.50  
Buy Bird Food Online: Nuts & Seed MIxes For Wild Birds | Free P&P (littlepeckers.co.uk)

I would probably have ordered from either of these guys with some bird suet feed to get free delivery.

But, today in Home Bargains I found 12.6Kg sunflower Hearts for £16.99 = £1.35 per kilo 
I bought these today - that is a really good price.  

Home Bargains also have 1kg of meal worms £10 
Home Bargains. Birds & Other

Comments

• madjackslam
    Options
    Thanks. What's the quality like? I've found a lot of bags are full of what might more accurately be called sunflower heart crumbs. Had difficulty finding stock locally. Resorted to some in B&Q that were three times your price, but I have to say they're great quality, and the pair of collared doves who wait for me every morning love them.
  • xxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxx Posts: 425 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Looks good quality mostly whole, and less than 1% still have shell remnants.
  • Rover23
    Options
    The above information is out of date, cheapest sunflower hearts are Love Garden Birds and free home delivery on orders over £25.

• Katiehound
    Options
    Rover23 said:
    The above information is out of date, cheapest sunflower hearts are Love Garden Birds and free home delivery on orders over £25.

well that's what comes of replying to a thread that is more than 18 months old!
    Prices for everything have shot up......
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • Dustyevsky
    Dustyevsky Posts: 1,378 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Homepage Hero Photogenic
    Options
    Rover23 said:

House prices? >:)
    Forget robot dogs; why not send people to the Moon?
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Rover23 said:

House prices? >:)
    Ha, probably the only thing that hasn't rocketed!! there's always an exception to the rule.......
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • ArbitraryRandom
    Options
    Rover23 said:

Thank you for the updated information - hopefully anyone looking for sunflower seeds will find it useful. 

And welcome to the forum :) 
    I'm not an early bird or a night owl; I’m some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.
  • greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cheapest I have found lately are on eBay.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback