Divorce and finance

Going through divorce. House is sold but ex taking me to court to gain a bigger share of house where I said let's do 50/50
The funds from House sale is being held with solicitor. Can I not take my share of funds till judge decides how split is done. I need access to the funds to be able to pay some rent.

Comments

• I remembered your user name from your other thread. You were married just 3 months, owne ytthe house before marriage and have no children together.

Where has the 50/50 share come from?
  • V2001
    V2001 Posts: 173 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Sorry I should have taken the time to write the post not in a rush. The situation doesn't apply to me. I was asking the question of what would happen in this scenario type of question. I personally have nothing to worry about frm my short marriage.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,656 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    V2001 said:
    Sorry I should have taken the time to write the post not in a rush. The situation doesn't apply to me. I was asking the question of what would happen in this scenario type of question. I personally have nothing to worry about frm my short marriage.
    The scenario you’ve posted, for whatever reason, is too lacking in relevant information to give any sort of half decent response. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback