IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Valid parking ticket, but for wrong car park.

Options
I have received a PCN because due to confusion with the online payment system I have a valid ticket (by email receipt) for a long stay car park on the same site (and same operator) but I was apparently parked in the short stay car park. It was my first time in that town and car park.
Given that I obviously intended to pay the operator, and did, do I have any grounds to appeal?

Comments

• D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, obviously the signs were unclear.  Other options are available in the newbes thread.  Please read them and complain to your MP.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Appeal on that basis that you told us, but without implying who parked.

So say 'we' instead of 'I'.  Get us to check your draft appeal first as a lot of people find not saying who was driving harder than it is.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback