Solar feed-in tariffs

Options
If the energy companies increase their prices by roughly 50% then why cant I charge the same increases for exporting the electricity from my solar panels?

Comments

• QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    If you have a feed-in tariff you are already being rewarded generously via the FIT.
    Alternatively, you can give up the "deemed export" payments from the FIT and switch to metered export on a SEG tariff.
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Lammy_Man said:
    If the energy companies increase their prices by roughly 50% then why cant I charge the same increases for exporting the electricity from my solar panels?
    It might be down to the fact that you signed up for a scheme that increases export payments in line with inflation.

Only you can calculate whether you would be better off being paid for actual export on SEG, or 50% deemed export on the FIT scheme. Some suppliers tend to pay a lower SEG rate if you are not an import customer or if you are on a smart time-of-use tariff.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback