IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I received my first "Parking Charge Notice" from Euro Car Parks.

Hi everyone.

I find it hard to take in a lot of information so I wondering if someone could please help me, maybe talking to me like I'm 5 might help 😅

Date of Event: 14/01/22.

Time: Entered 7:19:44 and left at 8:12:29.

Date issued: 19/01/22.

Date letter received: 31/01/22.

Situation.

I went to a Toby Carvery for breakfast but I arrived a little early, it was meant to open at 8am but about that time, I walked to the door and found a notice saying that they weren't open for breakfast. Their site and Google both showed 8am. 

Today, I find this letter with a parking charge notice. I'm not miffed, because I'm aware that you have to enter your registration at the terminal inside the restaurant. But can anyone tell me how this can be appealed, successfully? And is there any leeway I have legally in terms of:

1. Restaurant being closed and me not knowing until I went up to the door itself, and why would I go up to it before 8am.

2. Receiving the letter nearly 2 weeks after the supposed issue date, and I don't have enough time to get that money to pay the reduced charge. 

I just think it's pretty unfair but I think it's right to assume a restaurant on their land is open at a certain time, and then I couldn't even pay for parking AFTER the fact as it wouldn't have counted anyway.

Not sure if this is worth adding, but I'm disabled and I can't walk around much anyway, so I tend to just sit until I need to move. 
Thanks!

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 January 2022 at 3:24PM
    What happened when you complained to the landowner or brewery CEO? That is always Plan A.

Appeal using the template in blue text you will find in the sticky Announcement for NEWBIES. Send it unaltered, from The Keeper.

Get photos of the site and signage, but without parking there.
    Take screenshots of the website and search engine results.

Complain to your MP about this unregulated industry.

What was the reason given for the PCN being issued?

I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Not sure if this is worth adding, but I'm disabled and I can't walk around much anyway, so I tend to just sit until I need to move. 
    Yes include that in the appeal and state that you needed more time than an able bodied person for the consideration period.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi, it seems like you are one of 3 people today who has received the NTK/PCN after the 14 days. I'm not sure how we use this information to get the charge cancelled but obviously someone at Euro car parks didn't get their posting done in time! 
  • Fruitcake
    Three separate complaints, one from each keeper, but each quoting the other late delivery of NTKs, with each other's permissions of course.
    Complain to the PPC, the BPA, and your own MPs.
  • Sorry for wasting time. I rang up Toby Carvery before posting this and the person said "nothing we can do", but actually rang back again and spoke to a supervisor who took my details and the notice will be cancelled. That's good!
  • Fruitcake
    edited 31 January 2022 at 5:37PM
    There is no need to apologise. You haven't wasted anyone's time.

Just remember that it isn't over until it is cancelled in writing by the PPC. Don't miss the appeal deadline if that doesn't happen in time.

Please still do make the complaints as suggested.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills