Opodo refund.

I purchased return flight ticket for my mum , travelling  india to uk,april 2021,just 5 days before india was placed in red list countries. I used opodo for booking and flight was from british airways.

Due to huge demand during that period only tickets available was of business class. So paid about 1500gbp.

When my 67 year old mother reached airport ,she was informed that flight is overbooked and she ll have to travel economy, and she wi be refunded the difference, to which she had no choice but to agree.

After her arrival refund process was started, now as of January 2022, i can see on my account on opodo website that says refund has been processed and call to british airways gives us reference no. as well as exact amount refunded to opodo to transfer back to me.

But some how no refund has ever reached me.

Every time i have called opodo ,i have been given a new reference  no with promise to escalate this complaint. 

Is there anything else i could do?

Comments

• katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I purchased return flight ticket for my mum , travelling  india to uk,april 2021,just 5 days before india was placed in red list countries. I used opodo for booking and flight was from british airways.

Due to huge demand during that period only tickets available was of business class. So paid about 1500gbp.

When my 67 year old mother reached airport ,she was informed that flight is overbooked and she ll have to travel economy, and she wi be refunded the difference, to which she had no choice but to agree.

After her arrival refund process was started, now as of January 2022, i can see on my account on opodo website that says refund has been processed and call to british airways gives us reference no. as well as exact amount refunded to opodo to transfer back to me.

Every time i have called opodo ,i have been given a new reference  no with promise to escalate this complaint. 

Did you pay with a credit card? if yes, you could try contacting the CC provider.
  • cx6
    cx6 Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Doesn't really help you but I would advise anyone buying airline tickets to buy them from the airline rather than Opodo, Lastminute, booking.com or whoever.

Especially BA flights - they have good deals and prices.
  • katejo said:

Did you pay with a credit card? if yes, you could try contacting the CC provider.

Indeed paid with a credit card , but ticket purchased was used , it was not cancelled , I am waiting for refund for downgrading it from business class to economy , according to BA this difference is about 1100 Euros
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback