We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Removing deceased from Land Registry

Options
Hello,
My Grandparents jointly own a house and my Grandfather has died. I have been told a DJP form needs completing to move the ownership to her sole name.  I have the form and death certificate but am unclear if I can fill the form out or if it has to be my Grandmother. Any advice much appreciated. 

Comments

• Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,853 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    thesmed said:
    Hello,
    My Grandparents jointly own a house and my Grandfather has died. I have been told a DJP form needs completing to move the ownership to her sole name.  I have the form and death certificate but am unclear if I can fill the form out or if it has to be my Grandmother. Any advice much appreciated. 
    I’m sorry to read of your loss
    You can apply. The key document is the death certificate which confirms the death so who applies is merely an administrative detail in this type of update. 
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • thesmed
    Options
    Thank you!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills