IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Apcoa Parking ticket

Options
Good evening

Much like a lot of people I received a parking ticket at a railway station. I was awaiting an elderly relative and didn't actually leave my vehicle. I realise this may be seen as terrible excuse I was however under the impression that If i stayed with the vehicle it would be OK. They have now passed the debt to ZZPS who want £155 for the offence.

I'd love some advice please

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Ignore zzps

This should have been appealed promptly as keeper to Apcoa using the blue text template from the newbies FAQ sticky thread near the top of the forum in announcements , too late now !

No blabbing about who was driving , not to anyone

Ignore the debt collector letters

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,308 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 January 2022 at 8:13PM
    Options
    Debt collectors are powerless and can safely be ignored.

Staying in the car is still parking, but picking up/dropping off passengers or goods is not.

Did The Keeper appeal to APCOA without revealing the driver's identity? There is nothing stopping the keeper making a late appeal, just don't expect it to be accepted.

APCOA until now have been court benign, but the keeper should get photos of the site and signage in case that ever changes.

Was a parking charge notice, or a pseudo penalty charge for a byelaws infringement received?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Jamieea
    Options
    This was my, which now seems a little pathetic appeal;

I was awaiting an elderly relative whos train was delayed, I did not enter a parking space, I had the car
    running the whole time ready to move if the car park became full, I stayed in the car also
    Yours faithfully
    James E Alexander

They responded with;

You have been issued with a Penalty Notice for the contravention: Use of Private Car Park without making a valid payment.
    At the time the ANPR cameras observed the vehicle they noted that it had used the car park without a valid payment,
    therefore it had used the car park in breach of the terms and conditions of the site and a Penalty Notice was issued.
    The ANPR cameras captured your vehicle entering the car park at: 12:45 and leaving at: 13:26. During this time, no valid
    payment was matched to your vehicle.
    It is the motorist’s responsibility to ensure that they read the terms and conditions on the signage in the car park and that
    they have a valid payment for the entire time that they use the car park, if they intend to use the car park for longer than the
    20 minutes grace period that allows for dropping off and picking up.
    In your appeal you have claimed that you did not park on site. Given the length of time that your vehicle remained within the
    car park, in comparison with the size of the car park, we cannot accept that you were at no time parked.
    As your vehicle was parked in contravention of the terms and conditions of the site we are satisfied that the notice was
    correctly issued in accordance with the BPA code of practice, and therefore not able to waiver the charge on this occasion.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 January 2022 at 10:47PM
    Options
    A penalty from APCOA will time out after just 6 months and nothing will happen.  This has already been stated today on another APCOA railway penalty thread.  Read a few!

Ignore ZZPS.  They are lying about it going to the county court because a penalty can't.

That is not to say this is the same as other private PCNs, and usually the advice is not to ignore them but this is different.  How long till the 6 months is up?  You can then tell useless greedy parasites ZZPS to 'go swivel'!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback