Moving home during divorce - what form to send to court

Options
breaking_free
breaking_free Posts: 762 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
edited 25 January 2022 at 12:49PM in Marriage, relationships & families
Hi all.

As the title says I'm in the process of divorcing. I've moved home and need to update my address with the court where I filed for divorce (Bury St Edmonds, UK). I know there is a specific form I have to send to them but Google is giving me nothing. Can anyone provide a link please? This is for the UK courts.

Cheers.
"The problem with Internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Comments

• TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,203 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Just write to them - make sure you quote the case reference number and set out the old and new address. Ask them to update their records and to confirm that they have done so.

just something like

" Please note that with effect from 01/02.22 my address for service will change from 12, Acacia Avenue to 4, Privet Drive . Please up date your records to show my address for service as 4, Privet Drive.

I would be grateful if you could acknowledge receipt and confirm that my details have been updated in the court's system. "

I think you may be thinking of a notice of change / notice of acting, but those are typically where the change is that you have started or stopped being represented by a solicitor. 

if you can, give them an e-mail address as well, and make sure e that you have redirection set up for your post to catch anything (from the court or elsewhere) that slips through. 

You should also ensure that you update the address with your ex or their legal representative. 
    If you want to keep your address confidential from your ex the form you want is a C8 , but in that case you would need to ensure that you provide them with a correspondence address of some kind. 
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
  • breaking_free
    Options
    Excellent stuff. Thanks TBagpuss.
    "The problem with Internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback