UC and company car allowance

Hello, please can anyone tell me if company car allowance should be counted as part of my salary for universal credit? I need a car for work so I could get a company car or take a cash alternative but I have to have a car for my job. I have asked the question in my journal but it’s been ignored and I can’t seem to find anything. Thank you

Comments

• The company car allowance would be counted as income as it is added to your salary.
    I imagine company car would not be but you may have to pay tax as it may be classed as benefit in kind (BIK).
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    nyla83 said:
    Hello, please can anyone tell me if company car allowance should be counted as part of my salary for universal credit? I need a car for work so I could get a company car or take a cash alternative but I have to have a car for my job. I have asked the question in my journal but it’s been ignored and I can’t seem to find anything. Thank you
    This is not necessarily straightforward but the question may reach more knowledgeable contributors if the thread is move to the Benefits Forum.
  • nyla83
    nyla83 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you! I’m not sure how to move my post I didn’t realise it was posted in the wrong place 
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 26 January 2022 at 4:06PM
    nyla83 said:
    Thank you! I’m not sure how to move my post I didn’t realise it was posted in the wrong place 
    Send a PM to a board guide and ask for it to be moved.  Board guide for Praise, Vent and warnings is @Dizzy_Ditzy
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback