A problem with my mobile phone

The problem is when I am using my phone for more than a few minutes it cuts off and I lose the line to the person that I am speaking to . And it is ok when I am using it for less than a few minutes . It is a Nokia phone and I have it for I guess 14 / 15 years which could be the problem as it is old

What is the problem ?

Comments

• victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,600 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

The problem is when I am using my phone for more than a few minutes it cuts off and I lose the line to the person that I am speaking to . And it is ok when I am using it for less than a few minutes . It is a Nokia phone and I have it for I guess 14 / 15 years which could be the problem as it is old

What is the problem ?

Age probably, especially if it still has its original battery. Time for a new phone. :)

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

What is the problem ?

If the whole phone goes off after a few minutes that's almost certainly battery.
  • cx6
    cx6 Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    probably not that expensive to replace it
  • cx6 said:
    probably not that expensive to replace it
    What would be good place to get a cheap mobile phone instore
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 January 2022 at 7:14PM
    Argos have the Nokia 105 in various colours for £22.99

Your only problem may be that the sim card that is in your existing phone may not be the correct size for any replacement phone you may obtain. 

If this is the case then your mobile phone company should be able to provide you with a replacement that covers all sizes of sim card. 
  • Neil49 said:
    Argos have the Nokia 105 in various colours for £22.99

Your only problem may be that the sim card that is in your existing phone may not be the correct size for any replacement phone you may obtain. 

If this is the case then your mobile phone company should be able to provide you with a replacement that covers all sizes of sim card. 

Does that include the battery also ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure