Virgin Media is a Morally Bankrupt Company.
I renewed my contract
with VM for 18 months on 4/1/22 with the new contract at a cost of £33/month starting
on 3/2/22. On 10/1/22 - six days after agreeing the renewal, VM notified me
that the monthly charge would increase by £4 (12.1%) w.e.f. 1/3/22. I've been
given 30 days to walk away from the contract without penalty. This is in accord
with clause K of the small print.
This seems very one
sided & inequitable as If I had:
- found a better deal midway through the contract & demanded that VM either match it or release me from the contract or
- I had become financially stretched & couldn’t afford the charges any more
I would have been given short shrift & required to fulfil the contract
Clearly VM had no intention of delivering on the contract it had just agreed - morally bankrupt.
- All Categories
- 340.2K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 448.3K Spending & Discounts
- 232K Work, Benefits & Business
- 603.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.6K Life & Family
- 245.2K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards