Praise for Mr Kipling

I contacted Premier Foods today as a pack of 6 Mr Kipling jam tarts I'd bought (cost £1) contained 4 with blackurrant jam and none with raspberry jam. They replied within 90 minutes, apologising for the error and sending me a £3 voucher to be used for any Premier Foods products. Very good service and resonse for what was really a very minor production mistake.

Comments

• MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    That's sweet! (As are the tarts, I imagine). Well done you and them - they've retained a customer and you are quids in. 

:)
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • Sicard
    Sicard Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    They do have an exceedingly good team
    You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things.
    Donald Trump, Press Conference, February 16, 2017

• IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I do like a nice tart.
    I remember as a youngster when you got a jam tart it is was filled with jam, these days the pastry cases barely get lined with jam.

Past caring about first world problems.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I had a relative some years ago who worked for them.  When we had a big family get together he always brought a huge bag of cakes.   :)
  • SiliconChip
    SiliconChip Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Murphybear said:
    I had a relative some years ago who worked for them.  When we had a big family get together he always brought a huge bag of cakes.   :)
    I actually have a very remote working relationship with them: I worked in the IT team for Cadbury's Food & Beverages division in the 1980s, that was floated off as Premier Brands (UK) Limited towards the end of my time there, and in due course that company was taken over by Premier Foods, long after I'd moved on. Sadly working in IT we never got anywhere near the products, although we did have access to the staff shop to buy things cheap, and some members of the team were on the chocolate tasting panel and would come back from that with some weird and wonderful formulations!

• “ the chocolate tasting panel “
    Now, there’s a job! 
  • SiliconChip
    SiliconChip Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    cannugec5 said:
    “ the chocolate tasting panel “
    Now, there’s a job! 
    I'm sure it must still exist, but I doubt if you'll see it advertised at the job centre, it was a couple of hours one day a week out of your regular job and despite working there for 3 years I have no idea how you got selected to be on it!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback